DIDReseller for Joomla
Important! "DIDReseller for Joomla" has been discontinued!
Thank you for your interest in DIDReseller for Joomla.
As you may already know, Joomla 2.5 reached its end of life at the end of December 2014. Official support of Joomla 2.5 has been discontinued, and we are therefore also ending development of our DIDReseller extension. DIDWW is now working on new innovative products.
Please contact us if you are willing to participate in our beta test program.
DIDReseller for Joomla 2.5
DIDReseller is a complete e-commerce business solution for reselling a feature-rich, global Virtual Phone System. This innovative product comprises of a totally customizable cloud telephony engine, together with end-user self registration and ordering, service configuration, payment and billing, ticketing, administration and comprehensive reporting platforms.
The DIDReseller project was initially developed as a valuable solution for reselling DID services (also referred to as Virtual Phone Numbers), but has rapidly expanded into a complete Virtual Phone System and now includes the groundbreaking Phone.Systems™ User Interface. DIDReseller allows you to offer full Cloud Telephony Services in your local market with a customized web presence, using the language and currency of your choice.
This project is sponsored by DIDWW, with the specific aim of assisting our resellers in maximizing their profitability by easily and rapidly deploying new or expanding existing e-commerce ventures with the minimum of development effort.
DIDReseller is based on the open source Content Management System "Joomla!" and the DIDWW API, and is published as an open source project under the GPL2 license.
- Q1 2014 Improve SEO Tools
- Q1 2014 Improve User Panel
- Q2 2014 Redesign Admin Panel
- Q3 2014 Migrate the billing logic into DIDWW cloud
- Q3 2014 Improve support for PAYG and Unlimited pricing packages
- Q1 2015 Improve automation
Last Change Log
Current version: 2.1.175 for Joomla 2.5
- Added a facility for entering comments for payments in the “DIDWW Payments” module via Back-End.
- Added displaying of US states in the order details on the Front-End.
- Added Call Rate Search menu on the Front-End.
- Added settings for the notifiers “Header” and “Footer” on the Back-End.
- Added a column “Summary Payments” for the referral table on the Front-End.
- Improved notification algorithm for a payment with an “Error” status in the payment module “DIDWW Payments”.
- Improved displaying of payment information for “DIDWW Payments” module on the Back-End.
- Improved algorithm for global searching on the Back-End.
- Improved design of “Billing Summary” page on the Front-End.
- Improved algorithm for date filters.
For older versions see DIDReseller for Joomla changelog
The DID Reseller component offers the following features:
- Friendly Ordering Wizard
- Self Service Interface
- Dynamic Dashboard
- Ticketing System
- Call History log
- Payment History
- My Details
- Dynamic Dashboard
- Modular Widgets
- Statistic Widgets
- Reports and statistics
- Ticketing System
- Notification System
- Call history
- Orders and Invoices
- Payment History
- Coverage Management
- Custom Call Forwarding Options
- Rates and Pricing Setup
- Payment modules
- Currency configuration
- Database Wipe/Export/Import
- MySQL 5 or higher
- Joomla 2.5
- PHP 5.2 or later
- PHP-SOAP package
- PHP MAX Memory size 128 MB
- 1GB RAM or more
- PHP Mcrypt library (read here for more information)
To install the component, please use joomla administration panel by login /administrator. Then go "Extensions" --> "Install/Uninstall" --> "Choose File" , Select the downloaded com_didww_xxx.zip and click "Upload File & Install"
Once installed, to access the component, go "Components" --> "DIDWW!" --> "Dashboard"
To connect your component to the DIDWW, please go to "Settings" --> "Component Configuration" Enter your username to DIDWWAPIUSER and the API Key to DIDAPIKEY, click "Save" and then "Sync API Data".
If you don't have your DIDWW account ready for API2 access, you can request here
- You may use different Joomla versions, please visit this page for more information how to install Joomla components Installation Guide
VMWare Ready to Use Image
The DIDReseller Virtual machine is a ready-to-use package based on VMware and contains:
- Linux OS
- Apache Web Server
- MySQL Database Server
- Joomla CMS
- DIDReseller component
- SEO components
- Pre-configured Graphical Template
How to run DIDReseller VM
- For MS Windows please download and install VMware Player
- For MAC OS please download and install VMware Fusion for MAC
- Download DIDReseller for Joomla 1.33.1 (VMware VM) image file
Please unzip and run the image using VMware, it takes 30 seconds to load the system, and then it will display your VM IP Address, for example: http://192.168.138.128
To access user interface (front-end) please open your browser and visit:
To access the administrator (back-end) panel please open your browser and visit:
- User name: admin
- Password: demo
You are welcome to make changes as required, as these modifications will only applu to your local code copy.
Please note: The VM DIDReseller for Joomla is configured with DIDWW Sandbox API (testing environment), none of the purchased DID service will actually work.
- If you receive the message "Cannot connect to database" when trying access Joomla via the web, try to change your VMWare network settings from NAT to BRIDGE, and then restart the VMware.
- DIDReseller for Joomla Installation Manual
- DIDReseller component Back End documentation:
- DIDReseller component Front End documentation
- DIDReseller for Joomla Customization Manual
- DIDReseller for Joomla Integration Manual
- Moving DIDReseller To a New Server
- DIDReseller Facebook Application
- PBXww (Advanced Call Forwarding) Guide
- DIDReseller Referral System
- Download DIDReseller User Manual PDF
Download not available.
Please DO NOT work on the two sites simultaneously using the same API key (DIDReseller – Settings – Component configuration). This will lead to unrecoverable errors.
Due to the fact that support for Joomla 1.5 has been discontinued, DIDWW has released our “DIDReseller Migration” component that will allow easy migration of the current DIDReseller component for Joomla 2.5.
In order to achieve this transition, please do the following:
- IMPORTANT - Migration to DIDReseller 2.0.0 is only possible if DIDReseller version 1.33.1 is currently installed on Joomla 1.5. Therefore, please ensure that you are running version 1.33.1 before upgrading to version 2.0.0.
- Install Joomla 2.5 and the component DIDReseller 2.0.0 on your future host environment. If your website based on Joomla 1.5 was Multilanguage, you may also install the required language packs.
- Transfer all articles that do not apply to the component DIDReseller from the site running Joomla 1.5 to the Joomla 2.5 enviroment.
- Download and install the component DIDReseller Migrationon both sites.
- Ensure that your working Joomla 1.5 site is off-line. From the current component DIDReseller 1.33.1, save or record your API Key (DIDReseller - Settings - Component configuration), and then remove the API key from the settings of DIDReseller 1.33.1 on the Joomla 1.5 site.
- Run DIDReseller Migration on the site with Joomla 1.5 and click "Export". A file «*. Zip» will be created.
- On the Joomla 2.5 site, run DIDReseller Migration, select the previously saved file «*. Zip» and click "Import".
- Register the previously saved API Key in the new DIDReseller component version 2.0.0 (DIDReseller - Settings - Component configuration).
- Once you have installed DIDReseller 2.0.0, then you may upgrade to any new versions as required.
The patch for DIDReseller version 2.0.0 and up to support 0 margin on PSTN rates
The patch allows to set the value of “Local sell” to zero for PSTN Rates (DIDReseller –> Settings –> PSTN Rates).
The patch for DIDReseller version 2.1.70
The patch improves safety of DIDReseller version 2.1.70.